[infra][zuul]Run only my 3rd party CI on my environment

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 12:34:28 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-01-31 at 14:27 +0900, Rikimaru Honjo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about Zuulv3.
>
> I'm preparing third party CI for openstack/masakari PJ.
> I'd like to run my CI by my Zuulv3 instance on my environment.
>
> In my understand, I should add my pipeline to the project of the following .zuul.yaml for my purpose.
>
> https://github.com/openstack/masakari/blob/master/.zuul.yaml
>
> But, as a result, my Zuulv3 instance also run existed pipelines(check & gate).
> I want to run only my pipeline on my environment.
> (And, existed piplines will be run on openstack-infra environment.)
>
> How can I make my Zuulv3 instance ignore other pipeline?
you have two options  that i know of.

first you can simply not define a pipeline called gate and check in your zuul config repo.
since you are already usign it that is not an option for you.

second if you have your own ci config project that is hosted
seperatly from upstream gerrit you can define in you pipeline that
the gate and check piplines are only for that other souce.

e.g. if you have two connections defiend in zuul you can use the pipline
triggers to define that the triggers for the gate an check pipeline only work with your
own gerrit instance and not openstacks

i am similar seting up a personal thridparty ci at present.
i have chosen to create a seperate pipeline with a different name for running
against upstream changes using the git.openstack.org gerrit source

i have not pushed the patch to trigger form upstream gerrit yet
https://review.seanmooney.info/plugins/gitiles/ci-config/+/master/zuul.d/pipelines.yaml
but you can see that my gate and check piplines only trigger form the gerrit source
which is my own gerrit instacne at review.seanmooney.info

i will be adding a dedicated pipeline for upstream as unlike my personal gerrit i never
want my ci to submit/merge patches upstream.

i hope that helps.

the gerrit trigger docs can be found here
https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/admin/drivers/gerrit.html#trigger-configuration

regards
sean