[nova] Per-instance serial number implementation question

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:31:11 UTC 2019

Thanks alot for bring this up, if we decided to make unique serial the only
choice, I guess we have to sort on what curcumstances it will
change the serial of instances that already exists. Should we have a way to
preserve the serial for exisiting instances in order to not
cause any workload failue for our customers as changing the serial may
cause some problem.