[ironic] Hardware leasing with Ironic

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Wed Jan 30 17:05:01 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 04:47:09PM +0000, Pierre Riteau wrote:
> However, Blazar is extendable, with a plugin architecture: a baremetal
> plugin could be developed that interacts directly with Ironic.

This would require Ironic to support multi-tenancy first, right?

> Giving direct provisioning access to users means they will need BMC
> credentials and access to provisioning networks. If more isolation is
> required, you might want to take a look at HIL from the Mass Open
> Cloud [2]. I haven't used it but I have read one of their paper and it
> looks well-thought-out.

Ironically (hah!), the group I am working with *is* the Massachusetts
Open Cloud, and we're looking to implement the ideas explored in
HIL/BMI on top of OpenStack services.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}
http://blog.oddbit.com/                |