[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update VIII - Jan 29, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 07:42:13 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the 8 th update (Jan 22 to Jan 29, 2019) on collaboration
on os_tempest[1] role
between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Things got merged:
openstack-ansible-tests:
* Setup clouds.yaml on tempest node - https://review.openstack.org/631794
* Gather all facts while preparing hosts - https://review.openstack.org/632609
* Gather different port status on different hosts -
https://review.openstack.org/633179

TripleO:
* Added requirements for integrating os_tempest role -
https://review.openstack.org/628421
* Use os_tempest for running tempest on standalone -
https://review.openstack.org/628415

with tripleo-ci,
         The final patch is about to land by EOD or by tomorrow and
here is the latest result:
http://logs.openstack.org/00/627500/76/check/tripleo-ci-centos-7-standalone-os-tempest/099a747/logs/stestr_results.html

Things In-Progress:
os_tempest:
* Added tempest.conf for heat_plugin - https://review.openstack.org/632021
* Use tempest_cloud_name in tempestconf - https://review.openstack.org/631708
* Always generate stackviz irrespective of tests pass or fail -
https://review.openstack.org/631967
* Update cirros image from 3.5 to 3.6 - https://review.openstack.org/633208
* Added dependencies of os_tempest role - https://review.openstack.org/632726
* Only init a workspace if doesn't exists - https://review.openstack.org/633549
* Add support for aarch64 images - https://review.openstack.org/620032
* Adds tempest run command with --test-list option -
https://review.openstack.org/631351
* Add telemetry distro plugin install for aodh -
https://review.openstack.org/632125

TripleO:
* Set keystone specific vars for os_tempest from clouds.yaml -
https://review.openstack.org/633185
* Run tempest using os_tempest role in standalone job -
https://review.openstack.org/627500

         tests are failing while ssh into cirros image with ssh
timeout only on CentOS7.
     It might be a floating Ip/networking issue. Any help on this appreciated.
         Failure:
http://logs.openstack.org/08/633208/8/check/openstack-ansible-functional-centos-7/a8dcd57/logs/openstack/tempest1/stestr_results.html
         We also find other issues on centOS 7 jobs, work in progress to fix it
         * Use venv_packages_to_symlink to symlink to import
libvirt-python - https://review.openstack.org/633474
         * Ensure selinux bindings are linked into the venv -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/633513/

Goal of this week:
  We will be working on fixing the os_tempest gate and get above patches merged.
  We are working on fixing it.

Thanks to jrosser and odyssey4me for helping us in debugging centOS7
issues while trying to reproduce
the issue locally.

Here is the 7th update [2]. Have queries, Feel free to ping us on
#tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-January/001946.html