[infra][tc] Container images in openstack/ on Docker Hub

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Jan 28 13:06:22 UTC 2019

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> I'm leaning toward status quo: unless we consistently publish containers for
> most (or even all) deliverables, we should keep them in separate namespaces.

That makes a lot of sense but another way to look at it is:

If we start publishing some containers into a consistent namespace
it might encourage projects to start owning "blessed" containers of
themselves, which is probably a good thing.

And having a location with vacancies might encourage people to fill\
it, whereas otherwise the incentive is weak.

> A centralized "openstack" namespace conveys some official-ness and
> completeness -- it would make sense if we published all deliverablkes as
> containers every cycle as part of the release management work, for example.
> If it only contains a few select containers published at different times
> under different rules, it's likely to be more confusing than helping...

The current container situation is already pretty confusing...