Subject: Re: [Trove] State of the Trove service tenant deployment model

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Tue Jan 22 20:49:55 UTC 2019

Its probably captured in summit notes from 5-3 years ago. Nothing specific I can point at without going through a lot of archaeology.

Yeah, deploying the users databases on top of kubernetes in vm's would be easier to upgrade I think then pure vm's with a pile of debs/rpms inside.

Its tangentially related to the message bus stuff. If you solve the ddos attack issue with the message bus, you still have the upgrade problem. but depending on how you choose to solve the communications channel issues you can solve other issues such as upgrades easier, harder, or not at all.

Thanks,
Kevin