[qa] dynamic credentials with the tempest swift client

Udi Kalifon ukalifon at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 17:30:50 UTC 2019

Thanks to everyone who helped! I was able to disable dynamic credentials
like this:

1) Add a reference to an accounts file in tempest.conf, and disable the use
of dynamic credentials:
    [auth]
    test_accounts_file = /home/ukalifon/src/tempest/cloud-01/accounts.yaml
    use_dynamic_credentials = False

2) The accounts.yaml file must contain at least 2 uses, one admin and one
regular. Mine looks like this:
    - username: 'admin'
      tenant_name: 'admin'
      password: 'cYsJrqtj7IvC581DxsLZkXlku'
      roles:
        - 'admin'

    - username: 'johndoe'
      tenant_name: 'admin'
      password: 'johndoe'
      roles:
        - '_member_'

3) I needed to create the regular user that I placed in my accounts.yaml:
openstack user create --project admin --password johndoe johndoe
openstack role add --project admin --user johndoe _member_

Regards,
Udi Kalifon; Senior QE; RHOS-UI Automation