[nova] review guide for the bandwidth patches

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:55:13 UTC 2019

On 1/4/2019 7:20 AM, Sean Mooney wrote:
> so in rocky the vm should boot, there will be no prevention of over subsciption in placement and netuon will configure
> the minium bandwith policy if the network backend suports it. The ingress qos minium bandwith rules was only added in
> neutron be egress qos minium bandwith support was added in newton with
> https://github.com/openstack/neutron/commit/60325f4ae9ec53734d792d111cbcf24270d57417#diff-4bbb0b6d12a0d060196c0e3f10e57cec

You said "The ingress qos minium bandwith rules was only added in
neutron" - did you mean a release rather than "neutron", as in a release
newer than newton, presumably much newer?

> so there are will be a lot of existing cases where ports will have minium bandwith policies before stein.
Isn't this all admin-only by default in neutron since newton? So how do
we know there will be "a lot" of existing cases? Do we know of any
public openstack clouds that enable this for their users? If not, I'm
guessing by "a lot" maybe you mean a lot of telco private cloud
openstack deployments that just have a single MANO tenant?

Matt