[nova] [placement] [packaging] placement extraction check in meeting

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:32:55 UTC 2019

On 1/17/2019 10:32 AM, Sean Mooney wrote:
> a general questionon this topic.
> is there any update on supprot for deploying and upgrading to extracted
> placnement with other deployment tools
>
> the main ones beyond triplo that come to mind are
> kolla-ansible, juju, openstack-ansible, openstack helm
>
> there are obviously others but before we remove the code in nova
> i assume we will want to ensure that other tools beyond devstack, grenade
> and tripleo can actuly deploy stien with extracted placemnt and idealy upgrade.
>
> was this covered in the placement extration meeting.

Chris has links for this in the etherpad and mentions it in the
placement update emails. Off the top of my head, I want to say kolla can
deploy and is working on upgrades from source tarballs (until debs are
available). OSA has a change up for install which isn't merged yet. I
don't know about juju or helm.

Matt