[releases] Additions to releases-core

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Jan 15 15:11:23 UTC 2019

I'm very happy to announce I have added Kendall Nelson and Jean-Philippe Evrard
to the releases-core group. These two have been doing release request reviews
and asking questions to learn about the release process, and we feel they are
ready for more.

Initially we will just be looking at +2's and saving approvals for one of the
existing core members until everyone has more confidence. I wouldn't expect
this +2-only period to last long though.

We will also need to work out reallocation of review days. Right now, the
current cores have taken different days for them to be the point person for
processing reviews. With the expanded team, I think we should take a look at
those days again and get the work divided up amongst us.

Thanks Kendall and JP for getting involved and helping with this important
piece of the process, and welcome to the releases-core team!

Sean