[tc] [all] Please help verify the role of the TC

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jan 14 18:13:15 UTC 2019

On 2019-01-14 17:56:09 +0000 (+0000), Chris Dent wrote:
[...]
> Since there is a significant and friction creating division of power
> and leadership between the TC and PTLs, what would it be like if we
> required half or more of the TC be elected from PTLs? Then the
> "providing the technical leadership" aspect of the TC mission [3]
> would be vested with the people who also have some responsibility for
> executing on that leadership.
[...]

As someone who was both a PTL and TC member for a while, I think
it's a lot to juggle (especially since I expect none of us has just
our leadership duties on our respective piles of responsibilities).
While doing both, I felt like I wasn't able to carve out enough time
to give either group of constituents the attention and
representation it was due. I know we have a few PTLs on the TC now,
and I respect their monumental effort but personally don't know how
they manage to stay sane. Kudos!
--
Jeremy Stanley