[Kolla] Queens for debian images

Jan Vondra jan.vondra at ultimum.io
Wed Jan 9 11:28:55 UTC 2019

Ășt 8. 1. 2019 v 12:00 odesĂ­latel Marcin Juszkiewicz
<marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org> napsal:

> W dniu 08.01.2019 o 11:08, Jan Vondra pisze:
> > Dear Kolla team,
> >
> > during project for one of our customers we have upgraded debian part
> > of kolla project using a queens debian repositories
> > (http://stretch-queens.debian.net/debian stretch-queens-backports) and
> > we would like to share this work with community.
>
> Thanks for doing that. Is there an option to provide arm64 packages next
> time?

It's more of a question for OpenStack Debian Team - namely Thomas
Goirand who creates this repo.

> > I would like to ask what's the proper process of contributing since
> > the patches affects both kolla and kolla-ansible repositories.
>
> Send patches for review [1] and then we can discuss about changing them.
> Remember that we target Stein now.
>
> 1. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute#Reviewing

Thank you for help (and others with updated links) - I will upload
patches today or tomorrow.

> > Also any other comments regarding debian in kolla would be appriciated.
>
> Love to see someone else caring about Debian in Kolla. I took it over
> two years ago, revived and moved to 'stretch'. But skipped support for
> binary packages as there were no up-to-date packages available.
>
> In next 2-4 months I plan to migrate Kolla 'master' to Debian 'buster'
> as it will enter final freeze. Had some discussion with Debian OpenStack
> team about providing preliminary Stein packages so support for 'binary'
> type of images could be possible.

I suppose that switch from Queens to Stein would be quite easy since
all packages in Queens in Debian are Python 3 only so the most of the
work has been already done.