[oslo][neutron] Neutron Functional Test Failures with oslo.privsep 1.31.0

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Jan 9 00:30:19 UTC 2019

I think I've got it. At least in my local tests, the handle pointer
being passed from C -> Python -> C was getting truncated at the Python
step because we didn't properly define the type. If the address assigned
was larger than would fit in a standard int then we passed what amounted
to a bogus pointer back to the C code, which caused the segfault.

I have no idea why privsep threading would have exposed this, other than
maybe running in threads affected the address space somehow?

In any case, https://review.openstack.org/629335 has got these
functional tests working for me locally in oslo.privsep 1.31.0. It would
be great if somebody could try them out and verify that I didn't just
find a solution that somehow only works on my system. :-)

-Ben