[dev] 'sqlalchemy.exc.NoSuchTableError: migration_tmp' errors due to SQLite 3.26.0

Stephen Finucane sfinucan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 18:22:24 UTC 2019

Just to note that I'm currently unable to run nova unit tests locally
on Fedora 29 without downgrading my sqlite package. The error I'm
seeing is:

  sqlalchemy.exc.NoSuchTableError: migration_tmp

The root cause appears to be a change in 3.26.0 which is breaking
sqlalchemy-migrate, as noted here:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nova/+bug/1807262

Corey Bryant has proposed the patch for this patch, linked below, which
should resolve this. Any chance an sqlalchemy-migrate core could look
at this before I reach the point of not being able to downgrade my
sqlite package and run nova unit tests? :)

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/623564/5

Stephen