[openstack-ansible]Enable DVR with routed network (Spine/Leaf)

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Tue Jan 8 09:27:09 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-01-07 at 18:45 -0500, Cody wrote:
> Hi OSA,
>
> Greetings!
>
> I wish to enable DVR in a routed network environment (i.e. a
> Leaf/Spine topology) using OSA. Has this feature been production
> ready
> under the OSA project? An example for the user_variables.yml and
> openstack_user_config.yml would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Regards,
> Cody

That might have changed, but there are not many people that are using
OVS + DVR in OSA.

We don't have a full scenario testing of this (only testing in
neutron), AFAIK.

I would say if you are looking for example files, you might want to
discuss with people on our channel (#openstack-ansible), maybe you'll
find more people that might help you there. Also it might be worth
checking in neutron role tests.

Patches are always welcome to test full end-to-end coverage of this
feature :)

NB: Is there a particular reason you want DVR? Would calico fit the
bill? Wouldn't other SDN solutions fit the bill better than DVR? Before
going the DVR route, I am generally asking why :)

Regards,

Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)