[docs] question about deprecation badges

Sebastian Marcet smarcet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 04:19:21 UTC 2019

Hi Adam, that approach is followed in order to be consumed from other
projects like theme docs, using an ajax call doing a get and including its
content dynamically on the page, also the css dir its not used bc otherwise
it will not point to the rite css path on the fore-mentioned approach,
instead its using the absolute path in order to load the css correctly
through the ajax call ( check https://review.openstack.org/#/c/585516/)

on docs theme the deprecation badge is loaded using this snippet

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function(){

          $.ajax({
            context: this,
            dataType : "html",
            url : "https://docs.openstack.org/{{ series }}/badge.html",
            success : function(results) {
                $('#deprecated-badge-container').html(results);
            }
        });
    });
</script>

on file openstackdocstheme/theme/openstackdocs/layout.html

hope that shed some lite , have in mind that its a first iteration and any
better approach its welcome

regards

--
Sebastian Marcet