[nova] implementation options for nova spec: show-server-numa-topology

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 19:12:11 UTC 2019

On 1/3/2019 6:39 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 01/02/2019 10:15 PM, yonglihe wrote:
>> On 2018/12/18 下午4:20, yonglihe wrote:
>>> Hi, guys
>>>
>>> This spec needs input and discuss for move on.
>>
>> Jay suggest we might be good to use a new sub node to hold topology
>> stuff,  it's option 2, here. And split
>>
>> the PCI stuff out of this NUMA thing spec, use a /devices node to hold
>> all 'devices' stuff instead, then this node
>>
>> is generic and not only for PCI itself.
>>
>> I'm OK for Jay's suggestion,  it contains more key words and seems
>> crystal clear and straight forward.
>>
>> The problem is we need aligned about this. This spec need gain more
>> input thanks, Jay, Matt.
>
> Also, I mentioned that you need not (IMHO) combine both PCI/devices and
> NUMA topology in a single spec. We could proceed with the /topology API
> endpoint and work out the more generic /devices API endpoint in a
> separate spec.
>
> Best,
> -jay

I said earlier in the email thread that I was OK with option 2
(sub-resource) or the diagnostics API, and leaned toward the diagnostics
API since it was already admin-only.

As long as this information is admin-only by default, not part of the
main server response body and therefore not parting of listing servers
with details (GET /servers/detail) then I'm OK either way and GET
/servers/{server_id}/topology is OK with me also.

Matt