[release] Release countdown for week R-13, Jan 7-11

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Jan 3 16:59:45 UTC 2019

Welcome back from the holiday lull!

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should be focused on completing milestone 2 activities by January 10 and
checking overall progress for the development cycle.

General Information
-------------------

The Stein membership freeze coincides with the Stein-2 milestone on the 10th.
While doing an audit of all officially governed team repos, there are quite a
few that have not had an official release done yet.

If your team has added any repos for deliverables you would like to have
included in the Stein coordinated release, please add at least an empty
template deliverable file for now so we can help track those. We understand
some may not be quite ready for a full release yet, but if you have something
minimally viable to get released it would be good to do a 0.x release to
exercise the release tooling for your deliverables.

Another reminder about the changes this cycle with library deliverables that
follow the cycle-with-milestones release model. As announced, we will be
automatically proposing releases for these libraries at milestone 2 if there
have been any functional changes since the last release to help ensure those
changes are picked up by consumers with plenty of time to identify and correct
issues. More detail can be found in the original mailing list post describing
the changes:

    http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-October/135689.html

Any other cycle-with-intermediary deliverables that have not requested a
release by January 10 will be switched to the cycle-with-rc model as discussed
previously:

    http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000465.html

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Stein-2 Milestone: January 10