[nova][qa] Should we make legacy-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration voting?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:23:00 UTC 2019

The legacy-grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration job was
recently fixed [1][2] but had been broken for awhile because it's
non-voting so no one really noticed.

The unique thing about this job is it runs live migration tests in a
grenade setting where one of the computes is n-1 and it does the live
migration back and forth between the nodes so we have old->new and
new->old coverage, and it does this across local disk and shared storage
with ceph.

Now that it's working again, should we make it voting? It came up while
discussing regression test coverage for Artom's NUMA live migration series.

It seems like a no-brainer to me at least that we should be gating on this.

Before doing that, I'd like to move the job config from
openstack-zuul-jobs to nova so we "own" any changes to the job and then
might also consider converting it to zuul v3, but that's not a blocker
to make it voting.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/634962/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/637231/

Matt