[all] [forum] Forum Submissions are open!

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Feb 28 00:10:26 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 06:51:49PM -0500, Erik McCormick wrote:

> In future, we would love to know cutoff dates as soon as you know what
> they are. We don't have a lot of control over exact dates of the
> meetup as it's based primarily on the availability of the host
> organization. However, if it comes soon enough we can try to influence
> the date and plan for it as best we can.

Given it's the same format every time they're known now?
See: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum for the format.

So we know the post Denver summit is in Shnaghai:

[tony at thor ~]$ python3
Python 3.7.2 (default, Jan 16 2019, 19:49:22)
[GCC 8.2.1 20181215 (Red Hat 8.2.1-6)] on linux
>>> import datetime
>>> T=datetime.date(2019,11,4)
>>> print('Etherpads %s' % (T - datetime.timedelta(weeks=11)))
Etherpads 2019-08-19
>>> print('Deadline %s' % (T - datetime.timedelta(weeks=7)))
Deadline 2019-09-16

> I would also be curious to hear from anyone who is basing their travel
> choices on the approval status of a Forum session. I believe that this
> number is 0, but I'm ready to be proven wrong.

There are companies that only fund 'speakers' for travel and there are
some developer types (like myself) that will be moderating forum
sessions (hopefully) but not talking at the summit.

So there certainly *are* people in this situation.

Tony.