[openstack-dev] [python3] Enabling py37 unit tests

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Feb 27 17:08:37 UTC 2019

 ---- On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 01:36:29 +0900 Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote ----
 > On 2019-02-27 11:23:19 -0500 (-0500), Zane Bitter wrote:
 > [...]
 > > the resolution says we should unit test "[e]ach Python 3 version
 > > that was still used in any integration tests at the beginning of the
 > > development cycle"
 > [...]
 >
 > Now I'm getting worried that the phrasing we settled on is leading
 > to misinterpretation. The entire point, I thought, was that we
 > decide at the beginning of the development cycle on which platforms
 > we're testing, and so choose the most recent releases of those LTS
 > distros. If some projects were still running jobs on an earlier
 > platform at the start of the cycle, I don't think we need to be
 > stuck maintaining that testing. The beginning of the cycle is the
 > point at which it's safe for them to switch to the agreed-upon
 > current platform for our upcoming release under development.

Main point is, it's all happening together in stein :), migration of LTS distro,
mixed of legacy and zuulv3 jobs. Maybe from next cycle (or when we will
have new dtiro), it will be easy to migrate the latest distro when all jobs are
zuul v3 native and counting the all python 3 versions we need to support as per
resolution.

But yes, let's keep the py35 testing until we move all integration jobs to bionic.

-gmann