[openstack-dev] [python3] Enabling py37 unit tests

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 27 16:36:29 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-27 11:23:19 -0500 (-0500), Zane Bitter wrote:
[...]
> the resolution says we should unit test "[e]ach Python 3 version
> that was still used in any integration tests at the beginning of the
> development cycle"
[...]

Now I'm getting worried that the phrasing we settled on is leading
to misinterpretation. The entire point, I thought, was that we
decide at the beginning of the development cycle on which platforms
we're testing, and so choose the most recent releases of those LTS
distros. If some projects were still running jobs on an earlier
platform at the start of the cycle, I don't think we need to be
stuck maintaining that testing. The beginning of the cycle is the
point at which it's safe for them to switch to the agreed-upon
current platform for our upcoming release under development.
--
Jeremy Stanley