[heat] keystone endpoint configuration

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Tue Feb 26 16:11:22 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 1:43 PM Jonathan Rosser
<jonathan.rosser at rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> In openstack-ansible we are trying to help a number of our end users
> with their heat deployments, some of them in conjunction with magnum.
>
> There is some uncertainty with how the following heat.conf sections
> should be configured:
>
> [clients_keystone]
> auth_uri = ...
>
> [keystone_authtoken]
> www_authenticate_uri = ...
>
> It does not appear to be possible to define a set of internal or
> external keystone endpoints in heat.conf which allow the following:
>
>   * The orchestration panels being functional in horizon
>   * Deployers isolating internal openstack from external networks
>   * Deployers using self signed/company cert on the external endpoint
>   * Magnum deployments completing
>   * Heat delivering an external endpoint at [1]
>   * Heat delivering an external endpoint at [2]
>
> There are a number of related bugs:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-ansible/+bug/1814909
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-ansible/+bug/1811086
> https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004808
> https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2004524
>
> Any help we could get from the heat team to try to understand the root
> cause of these issues would be really helpful.

I think this is a really critical issue that Jonathan has spent a lot
of time on to
get to work.

If we can't support this model, maybe we should consider dropping the whole
idea of admin/internal/public if we can't commit to testing it properly.

--
Mohammed Naser — vexxhost
D. 514-316-8872
E. mnaser at vexxhost.com