[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update XII - Feb 26, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:41:09 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the 11th update (Feb 20 to Feb 26, 2019) on collaboration
on os_tempest[1] role between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

  It will help end-user to save them for generating stackviz report each time
  while testing locally.
* If OVN is used always select tempest_private_net_provider_type to geneve
  while running os_tempest or tempest with different installer.

Things got merged
os_tempest
* Revert "Only init a workspace if doesn't exists" -
https://review.openstack.org/637801
* Add iputils to use the ping command - https://review.openstack.org/638189
* Fix redhat iputtils - https://review.openstack.org/638444
* Remove the private option from include_role -
https://review.openstack.org/638557
* use tempest_run_stackviz to generate stackviz report -
https://review.openstack.org/638360

tripleo
* Set tempest_private_net_provider_type to geneve for os_tempest -
https://review.openstack.org/637838

Things in progress:
os_tempest
* update depenencies for os_tempest:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:os_tempest_deps+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
* Enable heat support in os_tempest:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:os_tempest_heat+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
* Update workspace tempest.conf on changes - https://review.openstack.org/638014

Some interesting stuff coming:
* since os_tempest is integrated with tripleo, now we have os_tempest
playbook where we have more than 19 vars passed
to os_tempest in order to run it. Where we are going to keep those
vars so that end user can run it easily.
Related reviews:
* os_tempest - move deployment tool related vars to vars dir -
https://review.openstack.org/639258
* tripleo - Standardize os_tempest playbook and set vars dynamically -
https://review.openstack.org/639310

* whether to ship config_template action plugin as pypi deps -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/638383/

Feel free to join today's OSA meeting on #openstack-ansible channel at
16:00 UTC, we will try to get some
interesting discussions.
<https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/openstack-ansible>

Thanks to cjloader (for iputils patch), arxcruz & jrosser on stackviz,
evrardjp on config_template as os_tempest
deps and cloudnull for always reviewing our patches.

Here is the 11th update [2]. Have queries, Feel free to ping us on
#tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-February/002860.html