[cinder] extra_capabilities for scheduler filters

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 09:37:34 UTC 2019

On 26/02, Sam Morrison wrote:
> Hi,
> Just wondering if extra_capabilities should be available in backend_state
> to be able to be used by scheduler filters?
>
> I can't seem to use my custom capabilities within the capabilities filter.
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

Hi Sam,

As far as I know this is supported.

The volume manager is sending this information to the scheduler and the
capabilities filter should be able to match the extra specs from the
volume type to the extra capabilities you have set in the configuration
of the cinder volume service using available operations: =, <in>, <is>,
etc.

Cheers,
Gorka.