[nova][neutron][os-vif] upcoming release of os-vif

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 22:55:10 UTC 2019

just a quick update on where we are.

the brctl patches have now merged so we have reached our MVP for stein.

we are going to hold the release for another 18 hours or so to allow
the ovsdb python lib feature to merged.

the new grouping looks like this

required:
Add native implementation OVSDB API https://review.openstack.org/482226

prefer to merge:
make functional tests run on python 3 https://review.openstack.org/638053
docs: Add API docs for VIF types https://review.openstack.org/637009
docs: Add API docs for profile, datapath offload types https://review.openstack.org/638395

defer to train:
modify functional base.py to allow using vscode https://review.openstack.org/638058
doc: Use sphinx.ext.todo for profile, datapath offload types https://review.openstack.org/638405
docs: Start using sphinx.ext.autodoc for VIF types https://review.openstack.org/638404
Add 'SUPPORT_BW_CONFIG' option to VIFs https://review.openstack.org/636933

note the docs changes can land after non-client lib freeze as they are not feature but
of the others shoudl wait till rc1

i have propsoed an patch to release os-vif 1.15.0 here
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/639214/
i will -1 that patch for now and respin if we merge the remain patches
early tomorrow or remove teh -1 and we will release with that patch.

regards
sean.