[placement][nova] What is the plan for tracking placement blueprints post-extraction?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 00:02:24 UTC 2019

On 02/24/2019 06:17 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> I was updating the status on some nova blueprints in launchpad today and
> we have 4 placement API blueprints marked as blocked, with one actually
> in progress now [1].
>
> The issue is none of the changes are being reflected back in the
> whiteboard for the blueprint in launchpad because the changes are made
> in the extracted placement repo which doesn't have a launchpad project,
> nor is there anything in storyboard for placement.
>
> Right now it's a small thing, but I'm wondering what, if any, plans are
> in place for tracking blueprints for the extracted placement repo. I'm
> assuming the answer is storyboard but maybe it hasn't been discussed
> much yet.
>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/alloc-candidates-in-tree

There was some light discussion about it on IRC a couple weeks ago. I
mentioned my preference was to not have a separate specs repo nor use
the Launchpad blueprints feature. I'd rather have a "ideas" folder or
similar inside the placement repo itself that tracks longer-form
proposals in Markdown documents.

Just my preference, though. Not sure where others stand on this.

Best,
-jay