[uwsgi] [glance] Support for wsgi-manage-chunked-input in uwsgi: glance-api finally working over SSL as expected

Abhishek Kekane akekane at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 17:56:27 UTC 2019

I have encountered some issues with uwsgi [1]. I guess its worth checking
all are resolved or only eventlet related issue is resolved. I will going
to test same on Monday but meanwhile someone has got time kindly do the
needful.

[1]
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/uwsgi-issues

Thank you,

Abhishek

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 11:19 PM, Brian Rosmaita <rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2/21/19 8:02 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It was quite famous that we had no way to run Glance under Python 3 with
> > SSL, because of eventlet, and the fact that Glance needed chunked-input,
> > which made uwsgi not a good candidate. Well, this was truth until 12
> > days ago, when uwsgi 2.0.18 was released, adding the
> > --wsgi-manage-chunked-input. I've just installed Glance this way, and
> > it's finally working as expected. I'll be releasing Glance in Debian
> > Buster this way.
>
> Have you tested image import when running Glance under uwsgi?  In
> previous uwsgi versions, a problem has been that the tasks that perform
> the import operations (either glance_direct or web_download) get stuck
> in 'pending' status upon creation and never execute.
>

> > I believe it's now time to make this config the default in the Gate,
> > which is why I'm writing this message.
> >
> > I hope this helps,
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Thomas Goirand (zigo)