[infra][qa] installing required projects from source in functional/devstack jobs

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 13:11:33 UTC 2019

On 2/21/19 4:54 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> In addition to what Clark mentioned, all repo defined in "required-projects"
variable in zuul v3 job gets appended to devstack's LIBS_FROM_GIT
variable by
default.

Thanks for the info.

However, based on trial and error, using LIBS_FROM_GIT only works if
those projects are not in requirements.txt. If the projects used in
LIBS_FROM_GIT are also in requirements.txt; the versions from
requirements.txt are used; not the source from git.

For example the tricircle-functional job passes when neutron and
networking-sfc are removed from requirements.txt [1], but fails if they
are in requirements.txt [2]. I've also tried moving those required
projects into their own requirements file [3], but that does not work
either.

That said; the only solution I see at the moment is to remove those
required projects from requirements.txt until we are ready to release
the given project and then specify the versions for these source projects.

Am I missing something here; it seems there must be a better solution?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/638099/8
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/638099/7
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/638099/9