[all] Single approve py37 patches

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 18:02:33 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-02-19 at 10:46 -0600, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 09:31:30AM -0600, Ben Nemec wrote:
> > As the subject says, let's single approve the py37 job addition patches.
> > They're machine-generated and part of a broader effort that has already been
> > agreed upon, so as long as they're passing CI they should be fine.
> >
> > -Ben
> >

> Somewhat related - I submitted this patch today:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/637866/
>
> The idea with this would be to control which Python versions would be run
> through a set of templates that makes it clear per-release cycle what is
> expected to be run.
>
> It's maybe a little late to get all folks using this for stein, but I've added
> a template for it just in case we want to use it once we have stable/stein
> branches. We can also get some projects switched over before then on a best
> effort basis.
>
> We would try to do some automation in Train to get everyone on that template
> right from the start.
>
> For Stein, I have added py37 as a non-voting job since that was not our
> declared runtime. But we probably want to make sure there are no surprises
> once we switch to Train and it becomes the required Python 3 runtime.
>
> It probably makes sense, especially for common libraries like oslo, to get
> these jobs now so we know they are ready ahead of Train. If/when we switch to
> using these templates we can clean up any now-redundant individual jobs.
so ill approve https://review.openstack.org/#/c/610068/ once it passes ci to
swap over os-vif to enable the python 3.7 jobs.
but the question i have is the non clinet lib fereeze is next week.
should i quickly sub a patch to swap to the stein template once
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/637866/ merges?
i can also submit a follow up to swap over to the the train template and
-w
it until RC1. is that the intention of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/637866/.
or should i wait for automated proposals to use the templates?