[all] Single approve py37 patches

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Feb 19 16:46:42 UTC 2019

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 09:31:30AM -0600, Ben Nemec wrote:
> As the subject says, let's single approve the py37 job addition patches.
> They're machine-generated and part of a broader effort that has already been
> agreed upon, so as long as they're passing CI they should be fine.
>
> -Ben

Somewhat related - I submitted this patch today:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/637866/

The idea with this would be to control which Python versions would be run
through a set of templates that makes it clear per-release cycle what is
expected to be run.

It's maybe a little late to get all folks using this for stein, but I've added
a template for it just in case we want to use it once we have stable/stein
branches. We can also get some projects switched over before then on a best
effort basis.

We would try to do some automation in Train to get everyone on that template
right from the start.

For Stein, I have added py37 as a non-voting job since that was not our
declared runtime. But we probably want to make sure there are no surprises
once we switch to Train and it becomes the required Python 3 runtime.

It probably makes sense, especially for common libraries like oslo, to get
these jobs now so we know they are ready ahead of Train. If/when we switch to
using these templates we can clean up any now-redundant individual jobs.

Sean