[cinder] questions about release cycles

Kulazhenkov, Yury Yury.Kulazhenkov at dell.com
Tue Feb 19 07:31:56 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm currently maintain VxFlex OS(ScaleIO) cinder driver. Driver require some changes to support future VxFlex OS release.
We want to add this changes to Stein release and if it possible backport them to old supported releases.
I have couple questions:
  1. Is it still possible to submit patches which extend driver functionality in Stein release cycle?
          If such changes are still possible, then I have another question:
          I already submitted patch that renames ScaleIO driver to VxFlex OS (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/634397/).
          Is it possible that this patch will be merged during Stein release cycle?
          In other words, I'm interesting, should I prepare "new feature" patch based on this "renaming" patch (as patch chain)
          or it will be better to prepare separate patch based on master branch state?
2. Is it possible to add new driver features (changes for compatibility, to be more accurate) for currently supported Openstack releases?
    Any rules, policy or special workflow for that?

Thanks,

Yury