[dev][keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 11 February 2019

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Feb 18 17:11:22 UTC 2019

On 2/15/19 11:23 AM, Colleen Murphy wrote:
> ## Milestone Outlook
>
> https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html
>
> Feature freeze as well as final client release are both in 3 weeks. Non-client release deadline is in two weeks, which means changes needed for keystonemiddleware, keystoneauth, and the oslo libraries need to be proposed and reviewed ASAP.

Reading this, it occurred to me that we probably shouldn't be applying
Oslo feature freeze to co-owned libraries. Most of those function more
as non-client libraries than the oslo.* libs, so there's no need to
freeze early.

I've proposed https://review.openstack.org/637588 to reflect that in the
Oslo policy. If you have an opinion on it please vote!

-Ben