[TripleO] openvswitch is broken - avoid rechecks in the next couple hours

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Feb 15 17:46:34 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-15 08:23:31 +0000 (+0000), Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
> Is there something we can do to prevent this in the future?
>
> Unrelated to openvswitch itself, it happened with other packages
> too and will happen again.
[...]

As in how to prevent distros from updating their packages in ways
which require some adjustments in our software? That's a big part of
why our CI system works the way it does: so we know as soon as
possible when we need to make modifications to keep our software
compatible with distributions we care about. Hiding or deferring
such failures just means that we get to spend more time ignoring our
users who are getting regular updates from their operating system
and are suddenly unable to use our software on it.
--
Jeremy Stanley