Placement governance switch

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 13 17:22:46 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-13 12:12:21 -0500 (-0500), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
> The patch change the deadline in the election repo is modifying a file
> that currently defines the TC election schedule, so it's a bit confusing
> about why that file is being changed. I'm not an expert in the tools,
> but from what I understand that same setting in that file is used for
> both elections, but only one election can be listed at a time. Since the
> TC election comes first, the other dates in that file are about the TC
> election, and the file contents will be changed when the PTL election
> starts.
[...]

To clarify further the reason in this case is that, due to release
and conference scheduling constraints placing the TC and PTL
elections nearly adjacent, we'll be using one tag on the governance
repository to identify the state of our official project list in
determining the electorate rolls for both elections.
--
Jeremy Stanley