[kolla][mariadb] Multinode deployment fails due to bootstrap_mariadb or mariadb errors

Giuseppe Sannino km.giuseppesannino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:31:23 UTC 2019

Hi all,
need your help.
I'm trying to deploy Openstack "Queens" via kolla on a multinode system (1
controller/kolla host + 1 compute).

I tried with both binary and source packages and I'm using "ubuntu" as
base_distro.

The first attempt of deployment systematically fails here:

TASK [mariadb : Running MariaDB bootstrap container]
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [xx.yy.zz.136]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "msg": "Container
exited with non-zero return code 1"}

Looking at the bootstrap_mariadb container logs I can see:
Neither host 'xxyyzz' nor 'localhost' could be looked up with
'/usr/sbin/resolveip'
Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a correct
hostname.

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot
/Giuseppe