[cinder][dev] Bug for deferred deletion in RBD

Arne Wiebalck Arne.Wiebalck at cern.ch
Mon Feb 11 09:13:42 UTC 2019

Jae,

To make sure deferred deletion is properly working: when you delete individual large volumes
with data in them, do you see that
- the volume is fully “deleted" within a few seconds, ie. not staying in ‘deleting’ for a long time?
- that the volume shows up in trash (with “rbd trash ls”)?
- the periodic task reports it is deleting volumes from the trash?

Another option to look at is “backend_native_threads_pool_size": this will increase the number
of threads to work on deleting volumes. It is independent from deferred deletion, but can also
help with situations where Cinder has more work to do than it can cope with at the moment.

Cheers,
 Arne