Subject: Re: [Trove] State of the Trove service tenant deployment model

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 22:44:07 UTC 2019

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 7:04 AM Darek Król <dkrol3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Lingxian,
>
> I’ve heard about a few tries of running Trove in production.
> Unfortunately, I didn’t have opportunity to get details about networking.
> At Samsung, we introducing Trove into our products for on-premise cloud
> platforms. However, I cannot share too many details about it, besides it is
> oriented towards performance and security is not a concern. Hence, the
> networking is very basic without any layers of abstractions if possible.
>
> Could you share more details about your topology and goals you want to
> achieve in Trove ? Maybe Trove team could help you in this ? Unfortunately,
> I’m not a network expert so I would need to get more details to understand
> your use case better.

Yeah, I think trove team could definitely help. I've been working on a
patch[1] to support different sgs for different type of neutron ports, the
patch is for the use case that `CONF.default_neutron_networks` is
configured as trove management network.

Besides, I also have some patches[2][3] for trove need to be reviewed, not
sure who are the right people I should ask for review now, but would
appriciate if you could help.

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/635705/
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/635099/
[3]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/635138/