[nova][dev] 4 weeks until feature freeze

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 01:26:36 UTC 2019

On 2/7/2019 5:06 PM, melanie witt wrote:
> The ability to specify volume type during server create is complete
> since 2018-10-16. However, the patches for being able to detach a boot
> volume and volume-backed server rebuild are in merge conflict/stale.
> Help is needed here.

It's Chinese New Year / Spring Festival this week so the developers that
own these changes are on holiday. Kevin told me last week that once he's
back he's going to complete the detach/attach root volume work. The spec
was amended [1] and needs another spec core to approve (probably would
be good to have Dan do that since was involved in the initial spec review).

As for the volume-backed rebuild change, I asked Jie Li on the review if
he needed someone to help push it forward and he said he did. It sounds
like Kevin and/or Yikun might be able to help there. Yikun already has
the Cinder side API changes all done and there is a patch for the
python-cinderclient change, but the Cinder API change is blocked until
we have an end-to-end working scenario in Tempest for the volume-backed
rebuild flow in nova. I can help with the Tempest change when the time
comes since that should be pretty straightforward.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/619161/

Matt