[infra][upstream-institute] Bot to vote on changes in the sandbox

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 20:02:48 UTC 2019

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 6:26 AM Eric Fried <openstack at fried.cc> wrote:

> Tony-
>
> Thanks for following up on this!
>
> > The general idea is that the bot would:
> >  1. Leave a -1 review on 'qualifying'[2] changes along with a request for
> >     some small change
>
> As I mentioned in the room, to give a realistic experience the bot
> should wait two or three weeks before tendering its -1.
>
> I kid (in case that wasn't clear).
>
> >  2. Upon seeing a new patchset to the change vote +2 (and possibly +W?)
> >     on the change
>
> If you're compiling a list of eventual features for the bot, another one
> that could be neat is, after the second patch set, the bot merges a
> change that creates a merge conflict on the student's patch, which they
> then have to go resolve.

Another, other eventual feature I talked about with Jimmy MacArthur a few
weeks ago was if we could have the bot ask the new contributors how it was
they got to this point in their contributions? Was it self driven? Was it a
part of OUI, was it from other documentation? Would be interesting to see
how our new contributors are making their way in so that we can better help
them/fix where the system is falling down.

Would also be really interesting data :) And who doesn't live data?