[all][tc] Formalizing cross-project pop-up teams

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Thu Feb 7 16:19:03 UTC 2019

Currently cross project work is very hard due to contributors not having enough political capital (review capital) in each project to get attention/priority. By the TC putting its weight behind a popupgroup, the projects can know, that this is important, even though I haven't seen that contributor much before.

They may not need git repo's but new IRC channels do make sense I think. Sometimes you need to coordinate work between projects and trying to do that in one of the project channels might not facilitate that.

Thanks,
Kevin