[nova][queens] qeumu-guest-agent

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 11:53:51 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-02-07 at 12:22 +0100, Ignazio Cassano wrote:
> Hello, is it possible to force metadata for instances like the following ?
> hw_qemu_guest_agent='yes'
> os_require_quiesce='yes'
>

> I know if an instance is created from an image with the above metadata the quemu-guest-agent works, but sometimes
> instances can start from volumes ( for example after a cnder backup).
if you are using a recent version of cinder/nova the image metadata is copied to the volume.
i don't know if that is in queens or not but the only other way to force it that i can think of would be via the flavor.
unfortunately the guest agnet is not supported in the flavor
https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/master/etc/metadefs/compute-libvirt-image.json#L7-L11