[openstack-helm] How to specify nova override for multiple pci alias

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Wed Feb 6 21:38:06 UTC 2019

James-

On 2/6/19 3:24 PM, Gauld, James wrote:
> Eric,
> I had assistance from portdirect in IRC who provided the 'multistring' solution to this problem.
> This solution does not require a change on nova side, or a change to nova chart.  I should have replied a day ago.

Ah, I'm glad you got it figured out. I'll abandon my change.

> IMO, I did not find the multistring example obvious when I was looking for documentation.

I don't know if you're referring to the nova docs or something else, but
I couldn't agree more. The syntax of both this and passthrough_whitelist
is very confusing.

We're working to come up with nicer ways to talk about device
passthrough. It's been a multi-release effort, but we're getting closer
all the time. Stay tuned.

-efried