[manila][glusterfs] on queens error

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 20:26:18 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 12:16 PM Tom Barron <tpb at dyncloud.net> wrote:

> On 06/02/19 17:48 +0100, Ignazio Cassano wrote:
> >The 2 openstack Installations do not share anything. The manila on each one
> >works on different netapp storage, but the  2 netapp can be synchronized.
> >Site A with an openstack instalkation and netapp A.
> >Site B with an openstack with netapp B.
> >Netapp A and netapp B can be synchronized via network.
> >Ignazio
>
> OK, thanks.
>
> You can likely get the share data and its netapp metadata to show up
> on B via replication and (gouthamr may explain details) but you will
> lose all the Openstack/manila information about the share unless
> Openstack database info (more than just manila tables) is imported.
> That may be OK foryour use case.
>
> -- Tom

Checking if I understand your request correctly, you have setup
manila's "dr" replication in OpenStack A and now want to move your
shares from OpenStack A to OpenStack B's manila. Is this correct?

If yes, you must:
* Promote your replicas
   - this will make the mirrored shares available. This action does
not delete the old "primary" shares though, you need to clean them up
yourself, because manila will attempt to reverse the replication
relationships if the primary shares are still accessible
* Note the export locations and Unmanage your shares from OpenStack A's manila
* Manage your shares in OpenStack B's manila with the export locations
you noted.