[TC][Searchlight] Project health evaluation

Trinh Nguyen dangtrinhnt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 08:18:35 UTC 2019

Hi TC members and Searchlight team,

As we discussed at the beginning of the Stein cycle, Searchlight would go
through a propagation period to consider whether to let it continue to
operate under the OpenStack foundation's umbrella [1]. For the last two
milestones, we have achieved some results [2] [3] and designed a
sustainable future for Searchlight with a vision [4].

As we're reaching the Stein-3 milestone [5] and preparing for the Denver
summit. We, as a team, would like have a formal project health evaluation
in several aspects such as active contributors / team, planning, bug fixes,
features, etc. We would love to have some voice from the TC team and anyone
from the community who follows our effort during the Stein cycle. We then
would want to update the information at [6] and [7] to avoid any confusion
that may stop potential contributors or users to come to Searchlight.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/588644/
[2]
https://www.dangtrinh.com/2018/10/searchlight-at-stein-1-weekly-report.html
[3] https://www.dangtrinh.com/2019/01/searchlight-at-stein-2-r-14-r-13.html