[ironic] [thirdparty-ci] BaremetalBasicOps test

Michael Turek mjturek at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 4 16:52:11 UTC 2019

Hey Julia

On 2/4/19 8:51 AM, Julia Kreger wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 8:37 AM Michael Turek
> <mjturek at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> [trim]
>> The job is able to clean the node during devstack, successfully deploy
>> to the node during the tempest run, and is successfully validated via
>> ssh. The node then moves to clean failed with a network error [1], and
>> the job subsequently fails. Sometime between the validation and
>> attempting to clean, the neutron port associated with the ironic port is
>> deleted and a new port comes into existence. Where I'm having trouble is
>> finding out what this port is. Based on it's MAC address It's a virtual
>> port, and its MAC is not the same as the ironic port.
> I think we landed code around then to address the issue of duplicate
> mac addresses where a port gets orphaned by external processes, so by
> default I seem to remember the logic now just resets the MAC if we no
> longer need the port.
Interesting! I'll look for the patch. If you have it handy please share.
> What are the network settings your operating the job with? It seems
> like 'flat' is at least the network_interface based on what your
> describing.
We are using a singleĀ  flat provider network with two available IPs (one
for the DHCP server and one for the server itself)

Here is a paste of a bunch of the network resources (censored here and
there just in case). http://paste.openstack.org/show/744513/