[tc] The future of the "Help most needed" list

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Feb 4 15:22:31 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-04 17:31:46 +0900 (+0900), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> If I recall it correctly from  Board+TC meeting, TC is looking for
> a new home for this list ? Or we continue to maintain this in TC
> itself which should not be much effort I feel.
[...]

It seems like you might be referring to the in-person TC meeting we
held on the Sunday prior to the Stein PTG in Denver (Alan from the
OSF BoD was also present). Doug's recap can be found in the old
openstack-dev archive here:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-September/134744.html

Quoting Doug, "...it wasn't clear that the TC was the best group to
manage a list of 'roles' or other more detailed information. We
discussed placing that information into team documentation or
hosting it somewhere outside of the governance repository where more
people could contribute." (If memory serves, this was in response to
earlier OSF BoD suggestions that retooling the Help Wanted list to
be a set of business-case-focused job descriptions might garner more
uptake from the organizations they represent.)
--
Jeremy Stanley