[horizon][requirements] django-3 blocked by usage of django-babel

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 00:10:22 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 10:58 PM Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> On 28/12/2019 21.24, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> > [...]
> > (side note)
> > django-babel is not a runtime requirement of horizon. It is just used
> > when we extract
> > translation strings and the current user is the infra translation jobs
> > [4], so I think we don't
> > need to care co-installability much. It can be moved to
> > test-requirements.txt in horizon
> > and we can install django-babel/enmerkar explicitly in
> > common_translation_update.sh in [4].
>
> How will you support stable branches?
>
> As you know, the change needs to work with all branches we have
> translations on,

What in my mind is just to move django-babel/enmerkar to
test-requirements.txt in the master (ussuri).
project-config is branchless, so I believe it is enough to make the
following change in install_horizon().
Doesn't it work?

 (cd ${HORIZON_DIR} && pip install -c $UPPER_CONSTRAINTS_FILE .)
  (cd ${HORIZON_DIR} && pip install -c $UPPER_CONSTRAINTS_FILE . &&
pip install -c $UPPER_CONSTRAINTS_FILE test-requirements.txt)