[openstack-ansible] strange execution delays

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Mon Dec 30 04:57:22 UTC 2019

Hello,

I don't think this is an OSA issue per-se, but it's happening on
infrastructure deployed with OSA.

Using both the Rocky and Stein releases of OSA on Ubuntu 18.04, we're
running into a strange a strange issue where the run times of Ansible will
eventually take longer and longer. Digging into the issue more, we find
that it's when Ansible executes a command within a container and the call
to "su" triggers the delay. Over time, the delay increases more and more.
The same behavior is seen if we SSH into containers.

The only workaround we've been able to identify that works is to stop and
start the containers.

We have not been able to identify a root cause of this, nor any consistency
to what containers this will happen on.

Has anyone run into this?

Thanks,
Joe