[horizon][requirements] django-3 blocked by usage of django-babel

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 07:09:01 UTC 2019

I am aware of the issue.

While switching to enmerkar looks like the straightforward way,
I am trying to explore a way to continue django-babel to minimize the
impact to consumers and packagers.

When we switch enmerkar, we need to clean up babel-django.cfg in horizon [1]
and all horizon plugin repos, plus the infra manual. babel-django.cfg specifies
an extractor from django-babel explicitly. We need to drop the extract
entry first
(as the "django" extractor is registered via an entrypoint in the
recent django-babel
and enmerkar).

BTW, how did you notice this?

[1] https://opendev.org/openstack/horizon/src/branch/master/babel-django.cfg